Count On Me: Tales of Sisterhoods and Fierce Friendships
Media Kit — Reviews and Articles
A wonderful chorus of lovely, distinctive voices, rich in humor, tragedy, and compassion.
Intimate, interesting and always entertaining, Count on Me is filled with much LTLC– Latina Tender Loving Care: readers everywhere will surely cherish it — for it is not only a wonderfully written book, but one to be kept and cherished by future generations.
Friendships can bring us peace, fill the emotional shortcomings in our romantic relationships, and help us remember what lies deep inside every one of us. For more than twelve years, the international organization Las Comadres Para Las Americas™ has been bringing together thousands of Latinas to count on, lean on, help, and advise one another. Comadre is a powerful term. It encompasses the most important relationships that exist between women: best friends, confidants, coworkers, advisers, neighbors, godmothers to one’s children, and even midwives.
-Simon & Schuster Author Page [CLICK HERE TO READ MORE]
An anthology celebrating sisterhood and the special bonds that connect Latinas from diverse backgrounds. […] A beautiful evocation of love, friendship and community.
-Kirkus Reviews, July 15, 2012 [CLICK HERE TO READ MORE]
What does a centuries-old Latina tradition look like after an Internet age makeover? Something like Las Comadres para las Americas – a 20,000-member online network for Latinas that has just published an anthology by Latino authors.
-Monika Fabian, NY Daily News, September 12, 2012 [CLICK HERE TO READ MORE]
Links to other reviews and articles:
- Mi Comadre es Su Comadre, Austin Woman Magazine, March 2013
- “Las Comadres” – A Sisterhood helping to build communities and each other, NBC Latino, February 14, 2013
- “Las Comadres publican historias de amistad y apoyo,” MSN Latino, 16 de enero de 2013 (this article was also published on Yahoo Español and Hola Ciudad!)
- “Las Comadres Para Las Américas anuncia sextos títulos anuales ‘National Latino Book Club’”, La Raza, 10 de enero de 2013
- Omega Phi Beta Sorority Incorporated’s Alumnae Association’s El Girasol, Fall 2012
- “Words for Leila Abu-Saba, 1962-2009” by Carolina de Robertis, October 31, 2012
- “‘Count On Me’, entre amigas: Fabiola Santiago, Reyna Grande, Esmeralda Santiago y Carolina De Robertis forman parte de la antología,” AARP Online, 21 de septiembre de 2012
- “Around the Blog” by Stephanie Elizondo Griest
- “Las Comadres para las Americas,” Latina Style Magazine