Call for Book Submission
Why Submit a Book?
We have a network of over 16 book club cities in the U.S. and a network connection of over 20,000 Comadres worldwide.
Our mission is to promote the work of the Latina/o authors and we are committed to bringing their work to book lovers everywhere.
If your book is chosen, you will have the opportunity to be highlighted in many forums. We promote for the monthly book club meetings and teleconference via our website, Facebook, Twitter and more. You will also be interviewed in a live teleconference in the month your book has been selected. Our teleconference is recorded and placed on our website.
Book/Authors Criteria for Submission
- Books must be written by a Latina/Latino and titles must be available in the English language.
- Authors whose titles are selected must be available for interviews for the monthly teleconference for the month they have been selected. We will work with publishers and authors to find the best date and month in which to feature respective selections.
- Publishers may submit a maximum of two (2) titles per imprint, not to exceed (5) titles per publishing house per year
- We welcome entries that celebrate the Latino diversity – anything from poetry to history. Our Book Club strives to read books with a broad range of literary styles. Please note, Las Comadres is Latina-centric and will continue to focus primarily on adult fiction and non-fiction titles by Latina authors.
- There are two categories to be considered:
- Book of the Month – if chosen for this category, the author as main selection of our monthly book club and teleconference will submit 40 books* to be given to our book club discussion leaders and as gifts to some early registrants who sign up for the teleconference.
- Conversations With – if chosen for this category, the author as participant of our monthly book club and teleconference will submit 15 books* to be given as gifts to some early registrants who sign up for the teleconference.
* We will accept no more than 10 books as ebooks, if selected as the Book of the Month, and 6 ebooks if your book is selected as a Conversations With book.
How to Submit a Book for Consideration
In order to accommodate publication schedules and increase submission in the third and fourth quarter, the AAP will now be issuing a call for submissions twice a year. Below are the deadlines for your call for book club participation:
- Books for July to December – deadline is May 13
- Books for January to June – deadline is October 31
To submit your book:
- Email the following submission information to Mr. Olusina Adebayo at email@example.com
- Publication date:
- Retail price:
- Summary (50 words or less):
- ISBN: (if available)
- Please indicate if publisher will release book club discussion questions (online/included in book):
- Mail a copy via post, with (2) copies of each galley (if available) or sample chapter and a synopsis to:
- Mr. Olusina Adebayo
Association of American Publishers
71 Fifth Avenue, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10003
- Mr. Olusina Adebayo
Please note that we will also accept ebook format for the book consideration process.
In general, after the initial confirmation email you will not hear from us again for some time. Every submission is carefully considered and this process can take time. Please allow a month or two for a response from us.
If you have any questions regarding the book club can be mailed to Edith Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions regarding the submission process, please send an email to Julia Abrantes at email@example.com .
We look forward to expanding the success of this Book Club with your help!